Wednesday, June 13, 2012

29 weeks


Funny - I wore this shirt (in a different color) at my 21 week update, quite the difference on how it fits! 



How far along?  29 weeks, 1 day

Size of the baby? the size of an acorn squash.  Again, I hate how The Bump has you at the size of an eggplant one week - a long vegetable - and then an acorn squash the next, which is a round vegetable.  What??  (side note, I am SO happy to be clicking on '3rd trimester' on the Bump website) 

Maternity Clothes? So after my vow last week to not buy any maternity clothes, I have come to the realization that I'm just going to have to get a few more things.  When the temps are in the mid-70's I can wear outfits like the above, which is just maternity leggings and a non-maternity tank & shirt.  But this last weekend it was almost in the 90's, and I was struggling big time cause all my shorts were dirty and I really don't have any maternity dresses or maxis that I like wearing anymore.  But I'm going to try and hold out for a few weeks before I get a couple more things so that hopefully they'll last til the end.  

Stretch marks? Nope 

Sleep?  It's still mostly good.  Still wake up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom, but that's not anything new from pre-pregnancy.  I've ever had a couple nights lately where I've slept mostly through the night.  

Best Moment of the Week?  Nothing I can put my finger on...just feeling very thankful for a healthy babe!

Movement?  Yep.  In fact, she's moving right now so much that it almost gets a little painful on my bladder/cervix area.  And the hiccups that I wasn't certain I was experiencing but thought I was?  Yes...she has them almost every day now :)  I'm not going to say that I love the feeling, especially when I'm trying to fall asleep, but there's nothing more reassuring than knowing your baby is healthy  (which I read somewhere that hiccups are a sign of being healthy cause it means their nervous system is developing well.  However, I also read that frequent hiccups are a sign that the baby could have reflux after being born.  So...)

Symptoms? I AM still feeling good - however, I'm also starting to feel a bit of a "turning point" that seems pretty typical with the 3rd trimester.  I feel great in the mornings - biggest complaint is that I wake up with pretty swollen fingers, it is seriously my biggest "pride" issue with being pregnant, I HATE that I can't wear my wedding ring - but by the end of the day, my belly is usually a little achy and I just feel a little more sore.  I've started walking every day a little bit, but the other night I walked a longer distance than I have been and the whole rest of the night I had Braxton Hicks, which freaked me out.  So I'm thinking I need to take it a little easier??  I don't know, I'll ask my doctor next week.  

Cravings?  McDonald's Vanilla Cone - it's a cheap dessert and it only has 150 calories!  Which is great cause I've had one almost every day since last Friday

Gender?  Baby GIRL!  

What do I miss? Not being swollen, wearing cute clothes.  Same old, same old.    

What I'm looking forward to? Hmm...on the "not relating to pregnancy" side, I'm going camping this weekend with my sister and brother in law on Madeline Island, which is a quaint little island off of Bayfield, WI on Lake Superior.  Should be fun, I figure since I'm sleeping well and feeling good that now is the time to do these things!  I'm a little dubious at what activities I can do - they've been talking about bike riding and I'm trying to decide if that's a really bad idea or not.  On the "pertaining to pregnancy" side, I'm looking forward to getting a few more things that we're going to need!  I'm planning to buy the crib mattress this week, and I really have no idea what else I will need to get!  Feeling pretty clueless overall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment