Tuesday, April 3, 2012

18 weeks





How far along?  Currently am 19 weeks today, but this is my 18 week update :)

Size of the baby? Sweet Potato!  5.6 inches.

Maternity Clothes? Still wearing the Belly Band.  I've officially decided I don't like my Gap maternity pants.  I made some purchases this weekend and bought about 5 or 6 dresses that I can wear over the summer (mainly maxi dresses and one shorter dress), a maxi skirt, and I bought a couple of the Liz Lange Target Maternity tanks, which are amazingly soft and long.  

Stretch marks? Nope

Weight?  I'm up a total of 8lbs so far.  At my last appt I had gained 3lbs in 3 weeks so hopefully I will steady out on this pound-a-week trend.  But not if I keep waking up in the middle of the night to eat a lemon bar, which is what happened last night... 

Sleep?  It's pretty good.  I wake up a fair amount, do a lot of tossing and turning.  Also still feeling pretty tired easily.

Best Moment of the Week?  I got to hear the heartbeat at my appointment last week, which I always look forward to and love (and even remembered to record it this time!)  I also made my first baby purchase this last weekend...I bought a little onesie set from Target that's Newborn sized, and I practically tear up every time I look at it! 

Movement?  Yes, I think we've got a little mover on our hands!  I'm not kidding, this baby moves all the time.  It must be in a really good position for me to feel it cause I feel it usually a couple times an hour, if not more at certain times.  I always get movement after I eat something sweet and always when I'm in the bath.  Makes me wonder if we're not having a little girl ;)  Also, Brad was able to feel it for the first time last night!  

Symptoms?  Starting to feel more symptoms...definitely tired more easily, like I mentioned.  My back hurts a little by the end of the day at work, not sure if that's from the weight of my belly pulling it?  Headaches and heartburn...the two nasty "H's".  

Cravings?  COKE.  Tomatoes.  Tacos.  

Gender?  NEXT TUESDAY!  

What do I miss?  Nothing really this week.  It's pretty much a guarantee that I always miss wine :)      


What I'm looking forward to? I'm mainly anticipating our big ultrasound this next week.  Obviously it will be SO exciting to find out what we're having, but I'm honestly not even thinking much about that - I'm just praying they tell us we have a perfectly healthy baby.  I think that once I hear those words I can breathe a little more, start making baby purchases, discussing names a little more.  I'm also looking forward to the halfway mark next week - 20 weeks!  SO hard to believe it's almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment