Thursday, March 29, 2012

milestone! [i think?]

As mentioned before, I've been feeling the baby moving for about 2 weeks now.  It's such a sweet feeling, and I'm starting to kind of tell when I can expect movement - usually always in the evening, usually always after I eat something, and usually in my bath (which is after dinner, so makes sense).  I say 'usually' cause I started to expect movement around those times and sometimes there just isn't any.  Or I'm not feeling it.
The one caveat with the movement is that, while I can definitely feel it internally, I've only felt it maybe once or twice externally, with my hand on my belly.  I think the movements are still pretty soft.
Anyway, last night (at 18 weeks + 1 day) I was in my bath and could feel the baby moving around (and when I say movement, it's usually a sudden, short sensation.  Not like, rolling or shifting around).  I started watching my belly, and the baby must've given a pretty good kick cause I totally saw my stomach move from the outside!  It was so neat to see.  I only saw it once, but there's just something surreal about seeing a quarter-sized spot on your belly twitch suddenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment