Sunday, March 18, 2012

16 weeks

So...I didn't do my 15 week update, mainly because I had Brad take my picture for the 15 week update and I didn't like it at all, so I figured I would take my own later...and then I never did.  And now I'm 16 weeks!

So, here's week 15 and 16 pics:

15 Weeks - Also the picture that Brad took that I didn't care for...

16 Weeks

How far along?  16 weeks, 5 days

Size of the baby? An avocado - almost 5 inches

Maternity Clothes? Still using the Belly Band, but got my 1st pair of maternity jeans in the mail yesterday!  I got the Gap Demi Panel Always Skinny jeans.  They're cute, I like them.  I only ordered the 1 pair (well, I ordered 2 but in different sizes and the bigger ones were too big), and I wore them last night and they got really stretched out, which I HATE.  Being that it's almost April, which means the weather is starting to warm up, I don't want to buy too many pairs of jeans.  

Stretch marks?  Nope...fingers crossed it stays that way!

Weight?  Oh man.  The question I've been dreading.  I went to the doctor a week and a half ago (at 15 weeks 2 days) and they told me I had gained EIGHT POUNDS.  I almost fell off the scale.  The only reason I am not freaking out over this is because in my 1st trimester I lost about 5 pounds, so the way I'm choosing to see it is that I'm at a net gain of 3 lbs ;)  

Sleep?  It's not been too bad.  I don't sleep as soundly as I once remember doing, and I'm not sure why.  I'm not getting up as much to use the bathroom, so that's nice. 

Best Moment of the Week?  Feeling movement!  Felt it for the first time this last Tuesday or Wednesday, which was very surprising cause I was only a little over 16 weeks.  I emailed a girlfriend right away and told her what I had felt and she was like, "YES!  THAT'S IT!!"  It basically felt like a little nudge against the inside of my belly, way down low above my pelvic bone.  Then the next couple times it felt like little muscle spasms or twitches.  I don't feel it very often, maybe a couple times a day?  It's such a sweet feeling. 
Oh - other good moment at 15 weeks was having a great doctor's appointment and scheduling our 20 week ultrasound! 

Movement?  See above!

Symptoms?  Before I had said there wasn't many symptoms but I'm starting to experience more now.  I'm definitely out of breath a lot more, today I went fishing with Brad and hiking back thru the woods in waders tuckered me out.  I have had a fair amount of headaches, and what's been strange to me is I've been pretty tired lately.  

Cravings?  Orange juice.  Cystal Light Pure Lemonade mixed w/ Club Soda.  Sushi.  Chips and Salsa.

Gender?  We'll find out in 3 and 1/2 weeks!

What do I miss?  I'm missing beer, strangely enough.  I'll have a sip of Brad's just for the flavor.  Missing being able to shop for spring/summer clothes that I would typically wear.   


What I'm looking forward to?  I'm looking forward to the 20 week ultrasound.  I'm a little nervous for it, just cause I'm a fearful person that worries I'll get bad news.  However, I know that's not common at all, so I'm trying to be excited for getting the good news!  Also looking forward to being able to plan for things a little more concretely - names, gear, nursery, etc.  I'm getting so excited for those things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment