Sunday, March 25, 2012

17 weeks




How far along?  17 weeks, 5 days

Size of the baby? An onion - 5.1 inches

Maternity Clothes? Still wearing my Belly Band, I did get my maternity pants from the Gap and at first I thought I liked them, but then I decided that I wasn't so sure...they get stretchy and baggy after wearing them for an hour, and they feel baggy in weird areas.  All normal shirts, though.  One thing I've decided I will not wear are those shirts with the ruched sides - I think those ONLY look cute when you're 35 weeks pregnant.  Otherwise, they just look too big for you.

Stretch marks? Nope

Weight?  No clue.  I have an appointment on Thursday so I'll find out then.  

Sleep?  It's okay.  Still sleeping a lot on my side/belly, but I'm waking up more often cause it's uncomfortable.  

Best Moment of the Week?  Nothing in particular, although feeling the baby move more frequently is SO sweet.  

Movement?  Yes, feeling it more and more!  I'm still surprised it happened so early but I was telling a friend that the Lord must've known that I needed to feel it soon with all my worrying!  Sometimes it will feel like little pushes or kicks, and sometimes it will be a fairly strong little movement.  Makes me wonder what he/she is doing in there!

Symptoms?  Honestly, not too much.  My nose is pretty stuff all the time, still somewhat tired a lot of the time, but otherwise, not too much.  The 2nd trimester really is the "golden" time of pregnancy cause you feel so much better!  

Cravings?  Still drinking lots of orange juice.  McDonald's Coke.  This week I had an insane craving for sweets so I drove 15 minutes into town from work and bought a Coke, a package of mini-donuts, 2 Dove candy bars and a bag of peanut butter M&M's.  I didn't eat it all at once, thank God, but it seriously hit the spot!  

Gender?  Find out in 2 weeks!

What do I miss?  I miss shopping for things that are familiar to me - like going to the mall and finding clothes that I just know I will like or will fit.  Everything is so different now with clothing!     


What I'm looking forward to? Looking forward to my 20 week ultrasound, my doctor appointment this week, looking forward to planning the shower and starting to think about baby purchases!  

No comments:

Post a Comment