Monday, April 9, 2012

19 weeks




How far along?  19 weeks, 6 days

Size of the baby? A mango!  Brad's favorite fruit.  The Bump says he or she is 6 inches long and weighs 8.5 ounces.

Maternity Clothes? None yet, just the Belly Band and a couple maternity tanks cause they're nice and long (the one I'm wearing in the photo above is a Liz Lange tank from Target and I LOVE it)

Stretch marks? I don't think so.  I don't inspect that often, but the last time I did I thought I maybe saw what could be some?  But then when I looked again it just looked a little like veins under the skin, which is pretty common in pregnancy.  So who knows.  I've switched to using Bio-Oil on my tummy.

Weight?  I'm up a total of 8lbs as of 3/29.  I feel like we had a growth spurt in the last week or so, though, so who knows what I've added since.  Here's a funny, random story - before I got pregnant I always thought that I wanted the kind of belly that was round and higher up on your torso.  Why, I don't know.  I just felt that since I have a long torso that I would have one of those bellies where it would be way down low and I just didn't want that.  Well, the Lord is either really good to give us the things we hope for, or He has a sense of humor and did in fact give me the big round belly I wanted.  I told Brad last night that I was a little sad that I didn't have one of those cute, tiny bellies.  I can't tell you how THICK I feel in my middle these days.  I am loving this belly cause it's something I've wanted for a long time and more importantly cause there's a sweet baby in there, but I am surprised at how big I am so far!  [However, my diet has not been so great.  My meals are pretty healthy but my night snacking is what's getting me in trouble...]

Sleep?  It's pretty good.  I wake up a fair amount, do a lot of tossing and turning.  Also still feeling pretty tired easily.

Best Moment of the Week?  Hmm...nothing that really sticks out.  I think just feeling good that I'm feeling good, and feeling lots of movement from the babe.

Movement?  Yes, lots of it.  At least it feels like a lot to me, I don't have anything to compare it to?  I notice the most amount of movement at night, especially when I'm in the bath.  Strange thing this last week, I swear it felt like the baby was jumping up and down on my cervix or something, cause I was certain I was going to go to the bathroom and find a little foot or something!  [Yes, that is a lot of info but the moment really freaked me out and I want to remember it, haha!]  I actually called my doctor's office and the nurse laughed and said it was just fine, it was probably the baby stretching out in a different position :)

Symptoms?  I think the biggest one is just how tired I can get.  That's not really in my normal nature to be a tired person, so I notice it more.  I've felt more sciatic pain, but that's only noticeable after I've been walking or cleaning for a couple hours.  Skin is pretty itchy.  Oh, and I have a couple small dark spots on my face, I think they call it melasma in pregnancy or something?  

Cravings?  Still Coke.  Dried Mangoes!  Any sweet baked dessert.   

Gender?  TOMORROW!  If you read this, please say a prayer for me and my nerves.  I'm excited for this appointment but really praying we have a healthy baby!  

What do I miss?  I think I'm missing regular clothes.  I'm wearing regular clothes, but it's just so different now.  I can't just get up, pull on some pants and a shirt and go.  I have to think a little more about what will not only fit well but what will fit well and look good.  We're going to Tampa this Friday for a week and they have a J Crew Outlet there, which is hands down my favorite place to shop, and I'm SO sad that I won't be able to get any cute summer clothes :(    


What I'm looking forward to? I'm looking forward to tomorrow's big ultrasound!  I think I'm ready to move onto the next stage of pregnancy - the planning and figuring things out, like a name!  We haven't really talked much about a name cause it's just not in my personality to really focus on things that are unsure, so in my mind, why spend a lot of time discussing names when you don't know what you're even working with for a gender?  So that will be nice to start discussing more.  Also just to be able to look more to the future and start buying things here and there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment