Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'll have one of everything, please

One of the things that's surprised me the most about the second trimester is how incredibly hungry I've been.  I knew it would happen cause pretty much everything you read says you develop a deep hunger due to the baby growing, but I still can't believe how hungry I always am.  Honestly, it's a miracle I haven't gained more!  Here's what I ate today:


7am - Had a couple bites of a Bavarian Cream donut
7:15 - Morning decaf coffee w/ French Vanilla creamer
[At this point I was dying for the rest of the donut but the night before I had ate a small bowl of ice cream and then ate 2 packages of fruit snacks in the middle of the night (ha) so I resisted...]
8:00 - Ate an apple on the way to work
8:30 - Ate an onion bagel with Chive & Onion 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese (must be like the Light variety?) and a tomato
10:30am - Ate a Nature's Valley Peanut Butter Granola Square and drank a little Coke
Noon - Ate a big bowl of quinoa, black beans, Rotel tomatoes, corn and a little bit of cheese
2pm - Ate some Quaker Oats Mini Rice Cakes
2:30pm - Ate another apple
4:30 - Snacked on Dried Mango
Dinner - A brat, brussel sprouts and some french fries
Dessert - Maybe 1 Cup (or a little more) of chocolate ice cream


The thing that always is amazing to me is how, about as soon as I'm done eating, I'll be hungry again.  This kind of hunger reminds me of when you're PMSing, except that usually only lasts a couple days.  This has been going on for a couple weeks!  And the other thing about how tough this is - I don't really ever want any kind of healthy food, I really just want sweets.  Does that mean this is a girl??


I think at this point, as long as I'm balancing this crazy diet with some moderation and exercise (walking almost every day, Zumba once a week and am going to look into modified Spinning), then it should be okay.  But holy cow...if I keep this up, I'm going to look like Jessica Simpson at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment