Friday, August 17, 2012

Nursery sneak peek

Just 3 days until Baby Girl makes her big debut!  And believe me when I say, if there were ever a day that I anticipated her arrival, it would be today.  I've been SO fortunate to feel so good during this pregnancy, and I honestly haven't had any issues with sleeping at all....until last night.  It was just one of those nights that I couldn't get comfortable to save my life, so my sweet husband had to do some major back rubbing this morning before he ran out the door for work.  I took a bath this morning and popped 2 Extra Strength Tylenol, which I don't think I've taken any of that since the early 2nd trimester for those ridiculous headaches.  But I'm feeling better now, thankfully.  

In other exciting news, the nursery is about 95% done!  I have a couple prints that I'm waiting to come in from Etsy to hang over the crib, also waiting on a crib skirt, and I'd like to get a monogrammed blanket to throw over the back of the rocker we bought.  I also bought her first monogrammed item....


A bath towel!  It will have her name on the hood, and I am SO excited.  Anyway, the nursery.  Here's a little pic....


The changing table was built by Brad, as was the crib, but I'm still waiting on the crib skirt so I'm not sharing that photo yet :)  And on the opposite wall is a gold glitter letter with the first initial of her name...which we'll share when she's born!  [But if I showed it all my friends that read my blog would know since we've discussed our two options!]  
My "vision" for the nursery was pink and gold and off white.  I just wanted it to be a room that I would love to rock her in, and that was a little different from my typical taste (pink is so not me), but that still reflected my decorating themes (I am all about the neutral, off-white shades).  The sign over the changing table says - 

"A baby girl, one of the most beautiful miracles in life, one of the greatest joys we can ever know, and one of the reasons why there is a little extra sunshine, laughter and happiness in our world today"

I tear up every single time I read it!  That was a gift from my mother in law.  The crates in the changing table are from Target and are called their Farm Crates.  The little squares over the rocker are just bulletin boards that I covered with a linen fabric and used nail head trim for accents.  I figure we can use these little boards to put pictures or cards on.  The rocker is from WalMart and I'm pretty sure I've decided I'm not too impressed with it (I have spent a good 2 hours trying to steam the wrinkles out of that dang slipcover and they are NOT coming out), but I'm not a fan of the traditional gliders and I definitely wasn't spending more than a couple hundred on an armchair.  

SO - everything is ready!  The house is clean, I've got her little Rock N Play Sleeper set up next to the bed, little baskets of diaper changing supplies in our bedroom and the living room, a couple meals in the freezer plus snacks for Brad for next week, the dog is set up for a grooming appointment the day before we get home, and most of all, this momma has some empty arms that are ready to love on a sweet little peanut!  

No comments:

Post a Comment