Wednesday, August 8, 2012

37 Weeks

Sorry.  These pictures just truly suck.


How far along?  37 weeks, 5 days 

Size of the baby? The size of a winter melon?  I am SO curious to know how much she weighs!    

Maternity Clothes? Yes and I'm literally wearing the same thing every.single.day and can't wait to have this baby and lose a few pounds so I can have some different clothing options!

Stretch marks? No, thankfully! Although I'm staying cautious, I know they can show up anytime...

Sleep? It's alright.  I sleep good, it's when I wake up that I notice how I'm maybe not sleeping as good as I think I am.  I've had terrible, awful tendonitis during this pregnancy, especially the last few weeks, so I've started sleeping in wrist braces to keep my hands and wrists from being SO sore that I literally cannot move them. And I'm up about 2 or 3 times a night to relieve my bladder....

Best Moment of the Week?  Definitely seeing the baby on ultrasound last week.  Even though we hardly got to see her at all cause the poor thing just has NO room, it was still so sweet to see her little face and body.  I have another one tomorrow and I'm excited to see her again!

Movement?  It's starting to slow down.  She definitely moves enough that I'm never paranoid, but it's a noticeable difference from even a week ago.  Speaking of movement and moving her butt in the other direction, I'm fairly certain she's still head-up since I haven't felt any ridiculously crazy movement.  And there's still a hard ball at the top of my belly.  And I'm feeling hiccups in the exact place I felt them prior to the ultrasound.  So...not looking good on the turning front

Symptoms? Swelling.  Tiredness.  Tendonitis.  But honestly, I feel really dang good.  Sometimes I want to remind my husband, "I AM 37 weeks pregnant, you know..."  He truly doesn't expect anything of me but sometimes I wish he'd be more like, "Oh, you're pregnant!  Don't worry about dinner!" or "You're 37 weeks pregnant, don't worry about laundry" but...he has not and I've kept up with it all fairly easily so I guess that's how it will go until I decide I can't or won't anymore :) However, I DO remind him frequently of the rude awakening that's coming in just a couple weeks, haha.

Cravings?  This last week I wanted mostaciolli pasta with sausage SO BAD.  And so I made it and it was amazing.  So good I think I'm going to make some more and have it frozen for after she gets here

Labor Signs?  None, but that's good.  I've decided that if I'm going to have to have a C-Section (which is yet to be determined but is looking favorable) that I want it as planned as possible, so I'm really hoping to NOT have any labor signs!  But I've had lots of Braxton Hicks - lots and lots of them.  Some lower back cramps and general achiness in my lower abdomen.  

What do I miss? Not missing anything...at this point, looking forward to all the things I've not had for the last 9 months!  WINE.  And a margarita.  I've had a little bit of wine here and there or a sip of Brad's beer but I've refused anything with hard alcohol in it.  Looking forward to a big 'ol margarita or mojito!  (I am planning to BF so I realize this may not happen for a little while...but humor me)

What I'm looking forward to? The ultrasound tomorrow to see baby girl's position.  Also looking forward to Hubs bringing the crib home (he's all done!  it just needs to be painted now...with our million dollar VOC free paint that almost made me throw up at how expensive it was), and also putting our nursery chair together.  After that her room will be DONE!  

1 comment: