Tuesday, August 14, 2012

38 weeks (AKA my LAST update!)




How far along?  38 weeks, 4 days.  This is my last update because I will be having this baby girl at 39 weeks!

Size of the baby? The size of a pumpkin!  At my ultrasound last week I found out her estimated weight was 6lbs, 12 oz, + - 1lb.  I'm not gonna lie, since I've been shoved into the "necessary c-section" category I'm hoping she's a BIG baby.  I hear they sleep and eat better.   

Stretch marks? Still none.  Holding my breath.

Sleep? Starting to get a little uncomfortable.  It's just hard to find a position that is comfortable.  I mean, I can get decently comfortable but I inevitably wake up with extreme pain in my shoulder from laying on it, or my wrists will be aching.  Getting in and out of bed is always uncomfortable, and during the last week I've been waking up around 4:30 or 5am just wishing it was morning because I'm tired of sleeping uncomfortably.

Best Moment of the Week?  Seeing her on the ultrasound (again).  This time they pulled her measurements because I wanted to know what she weighed and according to the tech and my doctor, her growth has been perfect since 20 weeks.  AND we also got my c-section scheduled for next Tuesday the 21st!  So while I'm not so excited for the actual surgery, I'm SO excited to finally know when we're going to meet her!

Movement?  It's sporadic.  Probably the least favorite part of pregnancy right now, although when she does move a lot it's uncomfortable. I also measured a 1/2 inch behind yesterday at my appointment from where I was 4 days prior, which means that she dropped a bit, and babies definitely move less when they start dropping. The other morning she wasn't moving at all and I was starting to get nervous and mentioned it to Brad.  Of course he's like, "She's fine!" and sure enough, within a couple hours she was moving up a storm.  

Symptoms? Same as last week - swelling, tiredness, sore wrists/forearms.  But honestly, I'm still feeling great.  Maybe this is the Lord's way of balancing the table since afterwards I probably won't feel so great and active :)

Cravings?  Anything sweet, as usual.  I had a salad at a restaurant here in town last week and ever since I've been dreaming about it.  Hoping to have it for lunch again today!  

Labor Signs?  None, really.  Part of me would like to know what a  contraction feels like but my doctor was saying to be thankful for the fact that I haven't been having the false contractions.  Sounds like they really miss with your mind if you're ready to have the baby and you're having contractions, but they're not actual labor contractions.   

What will I miss? I changed this question cause I want to remember the things about pregnancy that I will miss!  Seems like you get to this point and you can't think of too many things that you'll miss.  I know for sure that the biggest thing I will miss is feeling her movement in my belly.  It's caused me some grief at times but honestly, she's always been a really good mover and there's just something so sweet about those first movements, and then the ones towards the end that are much more defined, like feeling a foot/knee/elbow (something hard and round) come to the surface and stick out from your side.  Or even when she gets the hiccups - inwardly I always grit my teeth when she has them cause they drive me crazy but I know I will miss them one day.

What I'm looking forward to? Meeting her and holding her.  That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment