Sunday, July 29, 2012

Checking in + labor signs??

I have 5 days left before I am officially considered full term (37 weeks)!!!  SO exciting and yet so crazy to think about.  We've been busy getting all the "big stuff" done for the nursery, like getting her changing table and crib built/set up, the dresser put together, clothes and things washed up.  There's still lots to do, though - we're not yet done with the crib, which is alright since she'll probably just be sleeping in her little Rock N Play Sleeper for the first month.  I also need to look for a glider - I wasn't going to do one, but the more I think about it, the more I really think I want a chair that I can rock her in.  I'm not going to do too much with decorating the room since we're most likely moving in a few months, but that should be alright because the room is already pretty decorated with neutral things.


We have all the baby supplies we need for the most part, the only thing I can think of that we still need to buy is the Angel Care Movement Monitor.  But that's another thing that can wait until the crib is done.  And I still am not sure what I'm going to bring her home from the hospital in, I honestly doubt I'll do anything fancy. Probably a sweet white sleeper with a big 'ol bow...speaking of which, I've got to get on Etsy and start buying some of the bows and headbands I've bookmarked!


As for labor signs...while I'm sure there's some people that are interested, this is honestly more for me to look back on one day and see how things happened.  Here's what I've been doing lately to encourage "dropping":




  • Taking 1000mg of Evening Primrose Oil with my prenatal.  Starting this Friday - when I'm 37 weeks - I'll increase to 2000mg
  • Walking every night
  • Sitting on an exercise ball during work
I considered doing the perineum massage (I'm not going to explain it, you'll have to Google if you want to know what it is, ha) but I think I'm just going to cross my fingers that the EPO works wonders!  

Anyway, today was the first day that I felt like maybe things were happening?  I'm curious to know if she's dropped or not - I don't necessarily feel an increase in pressure, I only say it because the last few days I've been watching my belly and taking pictures.  Today I felt like I had the "shelf belly", where the top is basically creating a small shelf under my chest.  And then - in TMI and also why I don't advertise this blog - I'm thinking I've started to lose part of my mucous plug.  I also felt a little crampy today, which is strange to feel after so many months of not feeling that way.  

We will see!  26 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment