Tuesday, July 24, 2012

35 Weeks

Sorry this isn't the greatest picture...I've started working from home and I can't do the bathroom pictures anymore!  But you can't miss the belly ;)



How far along?  35 weeks, 4 days

Size of the baby? The size of a coconut...which somehow seems really, really small for how very big my belly is??  

Maternity Clothes? Yes, but even those are starting to get a little small!  The tank I'm wearing above is a maternity tank and it's juuuust covering my belly.  BTW, I thank God for those maternity shorts - they're from Old Navy and are so comfortable, and best of all, they don't have one of those stupid belly bands that stretch up to your boobs.  Cause when you don't have AC and it's 90 degrees out - and even when you DO have AC - you don't feel like wearing a tight piece of spandex over your belly, under a shirt.  ICK.  

Stretch marks? None that I can see...

Sleep?  Getting harder and harder to get comfortable and stay that way.  I'm easily up 4 or 5 times a night, whether it's to use the bathroom or waking myself up when turning over, or getting a drink, etc.  My hands/wrists absolutely ache at night, it is terrible pain that I'm so, so ready to be done with.  Hopefully it goes away after the baby gets here.

Best Moment of the Week?  Finishing up ALL of our baby shopping!  We have 99.5% of everything we will need for when the peanut shows up.  Now, if I could just get this room under control....
[yes, this is going to be her nursery!  my goal is to have it ready by next week, which is good because next Friday I will be full term...]



Movement?  Yes, still feeling her move but I'm thinking it's starting to slow down a little bit.  I don't mind it at all cause I can definitely still feel her a lot, and to be honest, when she does move these days it can be super uncomfortable.  

Symptoms? Still swelling, although my doctor advised that I get a sweet pair of compression socks.  So now I walk around in my house all day in shorts, a tank and basically a pair of pantyhose pulled up to my knees :)  But I DON'T EVEN CARE - these suckers are miracle workers!  I am still swollen but not as badly as I have been, and the best thing is that the swelling isn't so uncomfortable.  I've also felt super sore in my groin area [sorry, I know, TMI, but I want to remember when these things happened!].  Not feeling many contractions at all.  I started taking Evening Primrose Oil this week, and I'm crossing my fingers that it's going to get my cervix all softened up ASAP!  I know you're supposed to want the baby to stay in as long as possible, and while I do want her in there for the next few weeks, I would be absolutely okay if she came around 38 or 39 weeks!  

Cravings?  No, none really.  However, one thing I've realized is that while I've been pregnant, I have not been able to eat cheese like I used to!  Like, cheese and crackers, or just a slice of cheese or a Babybel used to be my most favorite snack.  Now it's the last thing that sounds good to me.  Strange...

Gender?  Baby GIRL! Who is still nameless but after I cried last night when Brad told me he had some new names he wanted to consider - which quickly took those new names off the table - he told me that we'll pick her name by the end of the week.  Picking this baby's name has been an uphill battle and I'll be happy to explain once she's born or we pick a name, whichever comes first.  I'm thinking it will be the former, despite what Brad says.

What do I miss? Oh man.  Everything about pre-pregnancy, although I know that once she's born I will miss being pregnant.  But there is truly a switch that flips - at least it did for me - around 33 or 34 weeks.  Physically I feel okay, but I just feel different - more aches and pains, and just a general feeling of "I am ready to have this baby!"  I always got SO sick of women that started talking all the time about having their baby when they still had a month to go, but holy cow.  It's funny how life makes you eat your words :) In really good news, I will be able to have a glass of wine in just 4 short weeks!  Okay, maybe not that soon cause of how much I'll be nursing...but it makes me feel better to say that!

What I'm looking forward to? Getting that dang nursery cleaned up and put together!  I'll post pics when we've got it done!

1 comment: