Tuesday, July 31, 2012

36 Weeks



How far along?  36 Weeks, 4 Days

Size of the baby? The size of a honeydew, or still 17-18 inches  

Maternity Clothes? Sick of them.  So very sick of them.

Stretch marks? No

Sleep?  Sleep is good these days, to be honest.  I actually slept entirely through the night a couple days ago - woke up in extreme pain but I felt like I slept hard!  Sometimes I get up anywhere from 1-2 times a night.  Biggest issue with sleeping right now is trying to keep my wrists straight so that I'm not completely crippled when I wake up.

Best Moment of the Week?  Making progress in the nursery!  All her clothes are organized and folded and put away, the changing table is almost all done and set up.  I still need to get things "squared away" in there - like finding places for baby meds, my breastfeeding/post-labor supplies, etc.  Still want to find a glider and Brad isn't yet done with the crib.  Oh, and doing a little bit of decorations!

Movement?  Yes - and while I know I will miss it so much once I'm not pregnant, she's getting so big that it's just uncomfortable when she really gets moving a lot.  About twice a day she'll move like crazy and then the rest of the day it's little pokes and prods here and there.  

Symptoms? Swelling, duh.  It actually got a lot better this last week since the temps had cooled off some!  My feet looked like my normal feet again.  Still having wicked heartburn at times, feel like someone kicked me in the groin when I walk, and still dealing with this awful tendonitis.  Hope that goes away soon after birth!

Cravings?  Pineapple - fresh pineapple, pineapple popsicles, and I just remembered I have a recipe for a pineapple sheet cake...funny cause that's supposed to induce labor for some people and my craving hasn't been related to that at all.

Labor Signs?  New question here!  So far I've been having a fair amount of Braxton Hicks, and while I don't think I've dropped too much yet, I do feel that pain in the groin area. And I mentioned in my last post that I felt like I was starting to lose my mucous plug?  Still not sure on that one yet.

What do I miss? At this point I still miss all the old things - wine, beer, non-maternity clothes, pre-packaged lunch meat (yes, I even miss that).  But you stay pregnant for so dang long that you start to forget what those things were even like! 

What I'm looking forward to? Doctor's appointment on Thursday - I'll have my first cervix check to see if I'm dilated at all!  Probably won't amount to much, if anything, since I won't even be 36 weeks, but I'm hoping the Evening Primrose Oil will have done something for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment