Monday, July 16, 2012

34 Weeks



How far along?  34 Weeks, 3 Days (I've decided to just go by my official due date...it's easier.  But I'm mentally preparing for my 8/28 due date, which would put me at 33w6d.)

Size of the baby? The size of a butternut squash, or 17-18 inches.  That is crazy!   

Maternity Clothes? Oh Lord.  My smug days of "Oh, I'm still in the belly band.  I can wear regular shirts" is OVAH.  I am beyond DONE with maternity clothes, with dressing this belly.  Don't even remind me I still have [potentially] 6 weeks left.

Stretch marks? No

Sleep?  Some days are better than others.  It's harder to get comfortable sometimes.  Sleeping on my side most of the time has presented a new issue of having to put my arms in awkward positions underneath me, and after a couple hours I wake up cause they're either asleep or aching.  When I wake up in the mornings, my hands are always so swollen and achy.  And I have tendinitis in both my wrists which adds to the pain.   

Best Moment of the Week?  Doing baby laundry!  Brad was so funny, I had a load of her clothes in the dryer and he went to pull them out and came back and said something like, he had never seen so much pink in his life.  Haha!  Funny thing about pink - you might say your baby girl is not going to wear only pink, but something happens where before you know it, you've accepted it and kind of love the fact that she's got SO MANY PINK CLOTHES.  Plus, finding baby girl clothes in colors that are NOT pink is actually really difficult and then you better be okay with people thinking your baby is a boy.  Cause honestly it's hard to tell their gender when they're itty bitty.

Movement?  Yep.  I love trying to figure out "What limb just poked me?"  Her favorite move is still pushing her butt out on my right side.  No joke, I sometimes wonder, is my uterus ONLY on the right side?  Cause she has been on the left like, twice, in the whole pregnancy.

Symptoms? Swelling.  Swelling, swelling.  I think if there was one symptom I hoped to bypass, it would've been this one.  Physically I feel fine, not sore, achy, etc.  But man.  My hands and feet/ankles and I even think my legs are just swollen.  I went back to the dr on my own for a weight check (meaning, my dr didn't ask me to come in, I just chose to) a week after the 4lb weight loss cause I was freaking out so badly and I had gained FOURTEEN pounds in one week.  Now, I am the first to tell you that I didn't eat particularly well that week because I was trying to gain weight!  But when I told my nurse how much I had gained from the week prior (she didn't have my chart) her eyes bugged and she was like, "Are you swollen??" and sure enough, I was pretty dang swollen from the week before.  My doctor happened to come by and said to check my BP (for pre-eclampsia) and it was like, 127/86, which is a little high.  They weren't concerned but told me to check it occasionally at the pharmacy.  Last time I checked was on Saturday and I think it was 123/80.  So, word of advice, try everything you can to avoid being pregnant in the summer cause it's not fun.  And it doesn't help that my typically mild-climate area is having record high temps. 

Cravings?  Still nothing.  I drink lots and lots of apple juice, if that counts? 

Gender?  Baby GIRL!  

What do I miss? Feeling like myself.  I just don't feel "normal" these days.

What I'm looking forward to? Going to the Cities this coming weekend to get last minute baby/nursing things!  Can't wait!

1 comment: