Friday, February 10, 2012

11w3d



How far along?  11 weeks, 3 days

Size of the baby? A fig (is that really the best they could come up with?  Who even knows how big a raw fig is?)

Maternity Clothes? Nope, but I'm itching to get a Belly Band cause my pants spend most of their time unbuttoned now.  Have done a little bit more perusing on Gap Maternity and oh my gosh.  I can't wait for a belly!  

Stretch marks?  None yet.  I'm going to get some cocoa butter lotion this weekend and start trying to use it regularly.  I'm terrible about applying lotion but I think my vanity is worse, so I will probably be good about it :)

Weight?  No gain yet...and I'm pretty surprised.  My diet is terrible these days.   

Sleep? It's not been too bad, I'm starting to get used to the 2-3 bathroom trips per night.  I think I'm ready for a Body Pillow.  Not that my belly is big enough at all to be uncomfortable to sleep on (I'm a total tummy sleeper), but I do usually end up feeling more comfortable when I'm on my side.  

Best Moment of the Week? HEARING THE HEARTBEAT FOR THE FIRST TIME!  Such a sweet moment.  

Movement?  Nope.

Symptoms? I think the nausea is finally letting up.  The early morning sickies are gone, and during the day I'll have a few moments of ickiness, but overall I've been feeling good.  But on the other hand, I've felt exponentially more tired lately, which is an odd feeling for me.  So far I've felt very low on energy, but this it total, complete exhaustion.  Hoping that will end soon!  Also feeling more headaches, a little bit of cramping/stretching.  On a positive note, I think my skin is starting to look pretty good!  

Cravings? Coke.  Cheetos.  Italian subs.  All awful foods.  

Gender?  Not yet...at our 20 week ultrasound!  Which is still a long ways off.

What do I miss? Having energy.  Having a drink when we're out to dinner (I don't really miss the drink itself, just the social aspect of having it).  

What I'm looking forward to?  Getting out of the 1st trimester...getting some more energy!

Just as a side note, I got to hear the heartbeat this week and it was so wonderful to get that reassurance that so far, all is well.  It's funny though cause I was thinking about how I really don't even remember what it sounded like, and it's cause I was too busy laying there thinking, "Thank you God that I'm hearing it!"  I realized that my fears keep me from experiencing moments that I won't ever get back.  That was a bit of a wake up call, so I am trying to keep my worries under control.  I'm also staying off those baby message boards!  

No comments:

Post a Comment