Friday, January 27, 2012

9w3d


Here is my most recent belly shot, which was actually taken yesterday.  I figured I would take advantage of the tight shirt I was wearing so I wouldn't have to bare my belly for the Internet!  I am definitely starting to see a little somethin' there, it seems like it got bigger this last week but more rounder, so I think it's mainly bloat.  The August Due Date Club I joined has a place where you can post belly shots and it seems like around this time women have a pretty good bloaty belly and the next week it goes down some and then is a baby belly from there, if that makes sense.  All I know is I just feel very thick...


I am so thankful to have made it this far!  I still have 3 1/2 weeks to get to get to 13 weeks, but I am thanking God for every day I have this little baby in my tummy.  This pregnancy has literally been one of the most stressful experiences of my life - I think the bleeding I had early on definitely made my fears worse, but even at this point I am not allowing myself to really get excited or think about the future.  I just feel like I can't do it yet. The biggest support for me has been my girlfriends that have emailed to check up on me, or my friend Annie who has literally emailed with me almost every day of this pregnancy and has probably spent hours talking about symptoms and reassuring me.  I have learned that I really need that interaction with women that have experienced pregnancy before, just to ease my mind of my constant fears.  


I came across this verse yesterday and so I printed it out and now have a copy in front of me at work and a copy in my car, and am going to put one on my fridge at home:


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalms 139: 13-16


First of all, I tear up every.single.time I read it, and secondly, it's been such a comfort to me.  I went to the doctor on Wednesday for my monthly check up and I was only 9w1d at that appointment.  She told me we could try to listen for the heartbeat on the Doppler, but that if we didn't hear it, I had to promise I wouldn't worry because it really isn't common to hear it that early.  We tried for it and unfortunately, didn't hear it.  And I wouldn't say I'm worried about it because I DO know that it is very early, and the girls in my Due Date Club said most of their docs don't even try for it until week 12 or 13.  So that helped me some, but reading this verse helped me the most.  GOD - the One that created this baby and loves it even more than I do - knows the number of its days!  Even in a worst case scenario - that there's no heartbeat - I can rest in knowing that He has always been in control and that His works are so wonderful.  


Okay, I'm going to start doing these little questionnaire things - they're easier than trying to come up with what to talk about!  



How far along? 9 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain: None, actually am down 4lbs
Maternity clothes? Nope, but leggings are my favorite, along with unbuttoning my pants.  I just feel like wearing tight pants hurts my bloaty tummy right now.
Stretch marks? None...and I will be buying some kind of oil or magic potion to keep them away!
Sleep: Not been so great, I'm typically awake 3-5x a night to either go to the bathroom or wake up from nausea
Best moment this week: Making it to my 2nd Dr appointment!  I've been so gun-shy to think about things or really even plan for them that I didn't write down dr appointments on my work calendar until about a week before them.
Miss Anything? I miss drinking coffee, having energy, feeling good, going to the gym....
Movement: Nope (though some girls in my DDC - due date club - say they swear they can feel movement at 10, 11 weeks.  Makes me laugh)
Food cravings: Cottage cheese & tomatoes.  Ramen (ick)
Food aversions: EGGS.  The thought of eating an egg sounds beyond disgusting to me.  Coffee (sad face).  I also don't miss drinking alcohol, the thought of it turns my stomach now.
Gender: No idea...even though we're hoping for a boy, I just feel like it might be a girl!
Labor Signs: None
Symptoms: Morning sickness, for sure.  Threw up for the 1st time this week.  Lots of small headaches.  Tender breasts (but that comes and goes).  Super tired but for me it's more of a lack of energy, I wouldn't say I'm sleeping more.  Going to bed a little earlier, that's all.  
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Looking forward to: My follow up appointment in 2 weeks to try again for the heartbeat on the Doppler.  If we don't hear it they will do a quick ultrasound.  I'm excited for it, but also get SO nervous for appointments like these, so if you're reading, please say a prayer for me!  Oh - and also looking forward to getting out of the 1st trimester!





No comments:

Post a Comment