Tuesday, May 29, 2012

26 weeks





How far along?  Well...actually I'm 27 weeks today, so I'm a little late posting my 26 week update, mainly because I took the 26 week picture above at the last minute and ended up hating it cause I look about 46 weeks pregnant in it.  But then I didn't have a chance to post another pic so I had to suck my pride up.  I think I'm going to be one of those unfortunate women who just has a big belly.  It doesn't help that I've got a big butt to "balance" it out ;) 

Size of the baby? A head of lettuce, or about 14 inches 

Maternity Clothes? Both maternity and non-maternity - my answer hasn't changed since last week :) I do have to say that maternity clothes, at this stage in my pregnancy, are probably cut more flattering than non-maternity clothes are, hence the photo above.  

Stretch marks? Nope

Weight?  No idea

Sleep?  It's good still, for the most part.  I wake up quite a bit at night to either go to the bathroom, or to turn myself over.  It's starting to get a little more cumbersome to move from my left to right side.  But I'm still comfortable.

Best Moment of the Week?  My IL family getting to see my belly for the first time!    

Movement?  She's a big mover.  They're definitely starting to get stronger, and I won't lie, sometimes they're a little weird to experience!  I've lately started putting my hand on my belly and can feel her body move underneath me.  It just makes me shake my head!  I still don't think I've experienced hiccups, but I do think that she startled the other night at a loud noise cause I felt her move right after a door slammed.  Could've been a coincidence, but they say it can happen.

Symptoms? Thankfully all the swelling I was having last week went away - although by the end of the day I do notice a tiny bit of puffiness on my feet.  I've also felt more tired by the end of the day, but that could also been from playing "catch up" from my busy week last week. My hips have been getting a little more sore lately as well. 

Cravings?  Vanilla ice cream with salted caramel sauce on top!

Gender?  Baby GIRL!  

What do I miss? Moving around easily, sleeping on my belly, walking for a long time easily (or doing anything slightly strenuous for a long period of time without my belly aching or hips hurting) 

What I'm looking forward to? 3rd trimester and decorating her nursery!  I have my glucose test tomorrow and while I think it will go okay, I'm a little nervous to fail the first time since I've known so many people to do so.  Cross your fingers & say a prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment