Monday, May 14, 2012

24 Weeks


Yeah.  I have another sunglasses/raccoon eyes burn/tan.  I spent a little too much time in the sun yesterday, oopsie



How far along?  24 weeks, 6 days

Size of the baby? A cantaloupe (I think I've decided I hate these fruit analogies  - thinking of my baby being the size of a cantaloupe is just confusing)

Maternity Clothes? I think I'm giving up on the Belly Band + non-maternity jeans.  Now that it's warm outside, I just don't have a desire to get up in the mornings and squeeze into a pair of jeans.  So I'm wearing the Target maternity leggings and dresses, for now.  I bought a new pair of maternity shorts this weekend and I just feel like my legs look short and stumpy in them.  I think it's cause they're all longer than my typical 3" inseam that I prefer.  

Stretch marks? Nope

Weight?  Don't know, won't know

Sleep?  It's been good lately.  I bought a body pillow at Target this weekend and I loved sleeping with it last night.  Apparently Brad did too cause at one point I woke up and he I were both had our heads on it :)  

Best Moment of the Week?  Making it to viability!  I've been waiting for this!  I know this doesn't mean anything as far as, if something were to happen we would automatically be fine - in fact it's far from it - but just knowing that, IF something did happen, this baby could survive outside of the womb is a little reassuring.  

Movement?  Funny, the end of this last week I just did not feel a ton of movement and even though I could push and poke on my belly and she would move, it would still kinda worry me.  Pretty much this last Thursday-Saturday she was quiet for the most part, but today she's back in full force.  I'm feeling the movements a lot higher up on my belly now, which is neat.  Today I had my first "OW" moment where she was moving or kicked and it must've hit close to a nerve cause it made me jump.  

Symptoms? I get stiff quickly when I sit for a long time.  I also don't think I'm swelling at all, and my fingers don't LOOK any bigger, but my wedding ring is getting tough to take off.  I almost think I'm to the "buy something cheap" point just cause I don't want it to get stuck on there.  

Cravings?  Saltine crackers.  I have been eating those by the sleeve-full this week!  Can't get enough of them.

Gender?  Baby GIRL!  

What do I miss?  Same old, same old - drinks (especially after having a bachelorette/shower weekend with my girlfriends!), sushi with tuna or salmon, wearing regular clothes

What I'm looking forward to? Not much this week!  Just looking forward to getting through some big events coming up (my little sister's high school graduation and a best girlfriend's wedding this weekend, plus a week-long trip to IL) and then being back home and having June, July and August completely clear to start getting ready for our peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment